Root Canal Farmers Branch TX
Do you have a continuous pain in one of your teeth that simply won’t go away? Then chances are that one or more of your teeth have become infected, and may require a root canal treatment. If you are also facing the same situation, then there is no need to worry, because, at the Cowboys Dental, we take care of all your dental problems, whether you require a root canal in Farmers Branch TX, or you want to visit for a routine checkup and dental care.
What is the Root Canal Procedure?
A root canal procedure is carried out to treat an infection of the dental pulp, which is the most sensitive tissue of the teeth, which is present deep inside the tooth structure, becomes infected when it becomes exposed to the oral environment, which can happen due to the following reasons:
- Teeth Cavities – cavities can make your teeth weaker, thereby resulting in the loss of the outer protective enamel layer of the tooth. Untreated teeth cavities can result in exposure and finally, infection of the dental pulp.
- Trauma to The Teeth – tooth fracture caused by a direct impact to the teeth can result in pulp exposure and infection.
- Complication During Orthodontic Treatment – sometimes, if tooth movement with braces is carried out too quickly, it can also result in the inflammation, and ultimately, infection of the dental pulp.
How Do I Know if I Require a Root Canal Treatment?
You need to visit us for a root canal treatment, if you have the following symptoms:
- Toothache – a continuous pain in the teeth that is not relieved, even after taking pain-killers and lasts for many hours is generally indicative of pulp inflammation or infection.
- Swelling – swelling is a characteristic sign of an underlying infection.
- Fever – sometimes, infection of the pulp can result in a high grade fever.
What Happens During a Root Canal Procedure?
A root canal Farmers Branch procedure is carried out in steps and requires multiple appointments and dental visits:
- Patient Evaluation – before the procedure is started, our dental team will have a thorough look at your current and previous dental records, specifically your digital x-rays, so that we know exactly the extent of the infection as well as the anatomy and shape of the root canals.
- Administration of Local Anesthesia – to make you comfortable and pain-free during the procedure, a local anesthesia will be administered to the patient, before initiating the procedure.
- Preparation of Access Cavity – an access cavity is prepared by drilling through the tooth crown, so as to gain access into the underlying dental pulp.
- Pulp Removal – next, the infected pulp is removed from the interior of the tooth crown and the root canals with the help of endodontic files and other specialized equipment.
- Cleaning of the Root Canal – the root canals are thoroughly cleaned by irrigating them with saline or any antibacterial solution.
- Shaping of Root Canals – the root canals are shaped with the help of endodontic files, in such a way that canals are flared at the crown end, while they are constricted at the root end.
- Obturation – finally, the root canals are filled with an inert material, so that future infection can be prevented.
Do you need root canal Farmers Branch TX? At the Cowboys Dental, we are there to help you in getting rid of all your dental problems. So why not call us at 972-242-6020 and get your same day appointment booked? We would love to you see at our dental office in Farmers Branch TX.